A Primary School based in West London are looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant who is Team Teach trained, to work one to one with pupils with Autism. This School have positions open ASAP.
You will be required to support pupils in their everyday learning in and out of the classroom. The needs of the pupils may be mild Autism, severe learning difficulties, social emotional & mental health or physical needs. You will have to be confident supporting challenging behaviour and be able to build a rapport with the students you are working with.
The school can offer;
- Supportive staff and effective leadership
- Tailored provisions for individual SEN pupils
- Inclusive classrooms removing barriers to achievement
- A creative curriculum which engages the pupils
- Training and CPD courses
Successful applicants will;
- Have previous experience supporting children with Autism
- Be Team Teach trained, and also ABA training would be ideal
- Have PECs and Makaton experience
- Be confident with challenging behaviour
- Be passionate and dedicated to helping those with SEN
- Have excellent communication skills
Please note. We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00