JOB TITLE: Rolling Stock Tester (Electrical)
JOB LOCATION: Ilford, London
HOURLY RATE: £19.43 PAYE (Days) £21.37 PAYE (Nights) Umbrella rates available
HOURS PER WEEK: Approximately 44 Hours per week
SHIFT PATTERN: As required to meet production - DAYS/ NIGHTS & WEEKENDS
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 6 Months+
We require an Electrical Tester for an on-going contract. As part of Ilford site test team undertaking Functional and electrical testing, fitness to run examinations, maintenance, repair and fault finding on rail vehicles, ensuring that the Rolling stock repairs and overhauls are completed to operational and safety standards.
* Undertake functional and electrical testing to electric and diesel multiple units and coaching stock following overhauls and repairs. Carry out Fitness to Run Examinations to rolling stock prior to release ensuring customer, operational, safety and aesthetic standards are met.
* Undertake all types of electrical modification work, repair and fault finding on Rolling stock as required to ensure sites commitments are achieved.
* Undertake detailed fault finding and investigation on specific technical issues.
* Ability to understand and work to drawings (Schematic and wiring diagrams), technical documents and Work record books.
* Safety Critical position this is a competency assessed role.
* To take responsibility for the safe, efficient and professional workmanship of self and others in working environment.
* Compliance with all laid down H&S legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe accident free environment. Responsible for keeping the work area clean and tidy and to the highest standard at all times.
* Co-operate with management in all matters relating to Health and Safety
* Advise of any defects/deficiencies in equipment/arrangements that could compromise the Health and Safety of themselves and others
* Previous testing experience on rolling stock required.
* Knowledge and previous working with electrical circuits, mechanical components and pneumatic equipment required.
* Apprentice or technical background desired.
* NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent is a requirement