Albany Beck is a Management Consultancy that specialises in Financial Services. Our clients come to us in the tech space because they like the way we are disrupting the consultancy market! We are passionate about delivering tech solutions to our clients that are practical and get delivered on time!
We offer all of our consultants a huge training and development budget and tailor-make their learning journeys to suit their deliverables whilst on-site with the client. This keeps all of our consultants at the forefront of new releases and incredibly valuable. It also keeps them happy and feeling as though they are continually learning and adding value!
We are passionate about our consultant's enjoyment of their roles and have engagement managers and internal coaches that are dedicated to building training pathways as well as career coaching throughout. We believe, if our people grow - our business will too!
We are passionate about making sure people ENJOY their job and WANT to go to it each day!! We are incredibly proud of how low our levels of attrition are and believe that if you enjoy your job - why would you want to leave! Our strapline to our clients is Let Us Show You A Better Way........that strapline works for you too! Please come and have a chat. We would love to hear from you!
*About the role:*
* An exceptional technologist is required as an Engineer in the RCA Technology London UI development team.
* The team is responsible for the build out and maintenance of common components, and will work with full-stack feature teams and UX SMEs to deliver a suite of new workflow tools on the Autobahn framework for the Anti-financial Crime business.
* The key to success in this area is the ability to be well grounded in both the business products and the target technologies and the ability to build a team of like-minded and similarly talented technologists.
* The role will include design and development responsibility for the highest priority and technically challenging projects in the RCA area.
* The individual will be responsible for the design and delivery of many of the key components needed to deliver baseline capabilities as well as the technology implementation of the future state platforms to transform the RCA business into an industry leader.
* Being a critical development resource within a team of highly skilled engineers
* Working closely with the UI team lead on solution vision & execution planning
* Completing software development following best practice tools and methodologies and delivered using all relevant bank standards
* Understanding, and where necessary challenging requirements, to ensure the correct solution is designed and implemented.
* Being able to interrogate/analyse data to raise questions/edge cases with SMEs.
* Contributing to UI designs and engineering best practices.
* Translation of UX and UI designs into working code following a Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach.
* Assisting with UI-based test automation activities
* Contributing to our catalogue of common assets such as code templates, libraries, utilities and services
* Developing automated build and deployment processes to enable teams agility.
* Support DevOps capabilities of the team
* Contributing to UI development standards for the team.
* Being actively involved in all planning sessions and aiding task breakdown and estimation.
* Carrying out code reviews via pull requests and helping to ensure the quality of the code base.
* Ensuring code meets team standards
* Managing their own time and helping the team meet their sprint goals.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
* A hands-on front-end engineer with experience of shipping production code with deep understanding of front-end and back-end integration
* Using CSS pre-processors such as SASS or LESS and following CSS methodologies such as BEM
* Good understanding of other web development frameworks and related libraries, such as React, Redux and back-end frameworks such as Node.js or Spring Boot.
* Experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
* Have developed against API Gateways via Rest or GraphQL and understand the design pattern and REST APIs
* Following industry style guides/linting i.e., Airbnb
* Have a good understanding of OpenAPI-documented status codes and how to handle them
* Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
* Configuring CI software for automated build, test and deployment of code
* Experience practicing Agile and Test-Driven Development writing UI automated unit tests using Karma, Protractor and integrating with other testing tools such as cucumber
* Familiar with web security, accessibility and internationalization
* Have developed with security in mind using OAuth2 grants and scopes and strategies for the latest OWASP top 10.
* Have a good understanding of asynchronous programming patterns, such as promises, call-backs, closures, async/await
* Debugging and optimising UI code to improve "time-to-glass"
* Proficient in Git
* Private Pension Scheme
* Annual Bonus of up to 20%
* Flexible working environment
* Generous company-funded bespoke training
* 25 days holiday rising 1 day per year with each year's service
* Private medical insurance
* Private medical cover
* Car lease scheme
* Season Ticket Loan
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Monthly gym contribution
* Access to EAP scheme for wellbeing and support
* Affiliated high street shopping discounts
* Free career coaching and engagement management service
1 stage interview process, including technical task to be completed prior to application being submitted.Angular, Unit TestingAngular