For many people there are currently only two modes of housing - either renting or buying with a mortgage. Families are spending years saving for a deposit and even then are having to take on large debt burdens to get on the property ladder.
With StrideUp you can start off buying just a portion of your home. Gradually build up your ownership and buy it out fully when you're ready. We're building a new type of mortgage - one designed specifically for first time buyers hoping to achieve their ownership aspirations. With StrideUp, you can buy the portion of a property you can afford today and when you're ready, you can buy the rest.
At StrideUp our mission is to help a generation of young, aspirational buyers take their first step onto the property ladder by building innovative products and by leveraging technology to simplify the customer experience. Small, but with a big mission. We're a diverse group of designers, developers and finance professionals who left the traditional world of banking and mortgages to transform how people go about buying a home.
*About the role:*
We're on the lookout for Front-End Developer to join our growing organisation. You'll be joining a fast paced start-up environment where we take a hands on approach.
As our Front-End Developer you will focus on the development of our front end applications with a focus on our customer journey to ensure it's not only streamlined, but also pain-free. You'll work closely with our Back-End Developers to support our back-end application service development as well as support our Product Manager.
You'll also be accountable for undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non-functional requirements as well as building maintainable, testable, resilient software systems. As our first Front-End Developer, you'll have the opportunity to drive the choice of technologies used as we transform our applications and experiment with the best new tools for the job.
*About you: *
* You'll love to code!
* Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
* Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
* Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
* Experience with back-end service development using NodeJs
* Familiarity with RESTful APIs
* Familiarity with code versioning tools. Such as Git
* Strong communication skills, ambition and an enthusiasm for learning new technologies
The above skills are essential for this role, however, the below are desirable
* In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
* Experience of AWS (S3, Lambda, Cognito etc.)
* Experience of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
* Knowledge of Agile development methods and practices
* Attractive Salaries
* Friendly and informal startup environment
* An ability to accommodate inclusive working practices
* Team events
* Training budget
* Culture call with Head of People & Culture (30mins)
* Technical Interview with our Lead Engineer (1 hour)
* Call with our CEO (30/45 mins)