IMG ARENA is the premium provider of official sports content services to the betting and digital media industries. They have close partnerships with a diverse range of international sports federations and associations including the ATP, MLS, PGA, European Tour, NBA, NFL, WWE, UFC, BT Sport, Rogers, Univision, EFL and others, we fundamentally understand both the value of our clients' content and the most effective ways to deliver best-in-class innovations to the viewer experience.
Working at IMG Arena is a fast-paced, fun and challenging, defined by an intense focus on innovation. We work harder and smarter than anyone else because we are passionate and believe in the products and services we offer.
*About the role:*
We're looking for an experienced Scala Developer to join our growing sports data development team and fill a senior technical role. We are continuing to build out a development group responsible for supporting our fast-growing sports data business. The Senior Back-End Developer is a key member tasked with further development of our platform to distribute low-latency, highly reliable, sporting data to our substantial customer base.
IMG ARENA are looking for candidates who have a passion for collaboration, quality, performance and rapid delivery, people who thrive in an environment founded on the strengths of Agile and XP and a culture where you're able to continually contribute to the technical direction of the department.
* Taking ownership of complex technical issues.
* Working together with the rest of the IMG ARENA and other internal/external partners to define and build new products and features.
* Participate in design/architecture sessions and contribute to the technical direction of the team and department.
* Implement new products and features according to their acceptance criteria, as well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase.
* Help define, maintain and improve ways of working.
* Several years of professional software development experience in Scala with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence.
* Significant experience developing with multiple JVM technologies/ libraries (e.g. Akka, Hazelcast, etc).
* Strong experience with relational databases, ideally Postgres.
* Experience working with, and deploying to, cloud services (especially AWS)
* Knowledge of working with build pipelines and continuous deployment models
* Experience in building globally scalable software architecture.
* Great design and problem-solving skills, with demonstrable experience in building simple implementations to complex problems and object-oriented design.
* Knowledge and experience in developing web services that are robust and easily consumed.
* Sound API design skills and knowledge of HTTP principles.
* Experience of working in a large scale b2b organisation
* Approachable and a strong communicator
* Interest in start-up culture & being involved with a dynamic & growing team
* Passion for sport
* Life Insurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Income Protection
* Season Ticket Loan
* Dental Insurance
* Cycle To Work
* Eye Care
* Will Writing
* Give As You Earn
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Gym Membership
* Phone Interview
* Pair Programming Challange
* Video Call with VP of Tech/Product
Scala, Akka, PostgreSQL, AWSScala, Akka, PostgreSQL, AWS, APIs, HTTP, B2B