Playtech Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management.
Playtech Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from then industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
*About the role:*
The reporting and data team will be building the next generation of reporting and analytics for the Playtech Sports Digital platform. The team has significant responsibility for setting out a vision for replacing existing components with a modern and performant solution. As part of this team, you will have a large influence on the direction, architecture, and tooling of this solution.
*Our tech stack:*
This is a new team within our development organisation. The sports platform includes applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is desirable, as is experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms. The sports platform provides our customers - sportsbook operators - with tools to monitor and manage large numbers of betting opportunities, players, and bets.
* Building a modern, performant reporting and data architecture.
* Migrating existing reports onto this new platform and allow our customers to self-serve.
* Providing access to data for internal purposes.
*Essential Skills & Experience:*
* 4+ years' professional experience building data and reporting solutions
* 2+ years' professional experience using Python
* Breadth of knowledge across data solutions and architectures
* Proven track record of applying your knowledge to build performant and informative reporting
* Ability to communicate effectively and advocate for your ideas to stakeholders in different parts of the business
* A practical and hands-on approach to building a solution from requirements to production implementation
* Excellent technical skills, in particular a good knowledge of Python
* Excellent SQL knowledge - including schema design and performance implications on large datasets
* Experience in optimising query performance in relational DBs
* An independent and self-directed nature, able to take the initiative without close supervision
* Linux / Unix experience
*Desirable Skills & Experience:*
* Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
* Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
* Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
* Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
* 25 Days Holiday
* Private Health Care
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Legal Assistance
* Taste Card
* Cycle to Work
* Season Ticket Loan
* Eye Care
* Gym Membership
* Death in Service
* Income Protection
* Video Call
* Video Call
Python, SQL, LinuxPython, SQL, Linux, REST, RabbitMQ, NoSQL, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes