As the SaaS space expands, there's more potential than ever for growing software companies. Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialized Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
*About the role:*
Working alongside another Principal Software Engineer, you will lead on the technical vision of the department. You will work closely with the CTO, Head of Engineering and other team leads to ensure that platform and its future is aligned with the team's goals, as well as the department's vision. You will evaluate new tools to improve our platform and become an evangelist for Technology at Paddle.
* Lead, facilitate and coordinate on the execution of our department's technical vision, with good collaboration with others in the department
* Be a go-to expert for technical architecture and modern design patterns using the right tools for the job
* Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and brings them to fruition
* Drive the definition of a solid high-level technical roadmap that is aligned with strategic goals clearly visualizing commercial and business impact
* Solicits information cross-functionally to ensure long-term technical direction is aligning with business goals
* Be an evangelist for technology at Paddle and Paddle values to the Engineering & Product external community, improving our employer branding and helping attract new talent.
* Solid experience as a software engineer in, at least, one main programming languages, Go and PHP
* Experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS. Experience with Jenkins, Kibana & Grafana is highly desirable.
* A proven track record of leading on cross-functional initiatives, including collaborating with both technical people within the department and stakeholders externally
* Flexible working hours / Remote Friendly
* Company options
* Private health insurance
* Unlimited paid holiday
* Mental health coaching sessions
* Remote working stipend
* Learning Budget for Courses and Certifications
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Generous family friendly policies
* Pension employer contribution 3% (Employee 5% or more)
* 1st stage = Talent Team Screen
* 2nd stage = Technical Screen with the team
* 3rd stage = Technical Assessment and a Culture/Values Interview
* For Team Leads - Meet the CTO
Go, PHP, AWSGo, PHP, AWS, Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana