Excerp is a startup building a new product in the Media Tech space.
*About the role:*
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer with fresh ideas who will help us in developing our product. We aim to bring to market an innovative product that aims to make an impact, with a unique focus on our users.
We are a well funded early stage company that is looking to go to market in a few months. Team is growing and there is potential for flexible work arrangements. The development team being assembled is expected to be around ten developers initially, and this will likely double by the end of the year.
As we are building up our product you will be working closely with other our UX, product managers and other developers. As a Senior PHP Developer, you will work on a project critical to Excerp's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
* Create high-quality readable, secure and scalable code design, and drive projects from concept to implementation with minimal guidance. Help cultivate creative culture within team and to broader organization.
* Understand user and organizational needs, gathering requirements and translate these into code.
* Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
* Collaborate closely with the various teams at Excerp to understand user needs, test solutions and assumptions and build user-centered products.
* Expert level experience working with PHP, that prides themself in writing clean and readable code. Minimum three years.
* Knowledge of front-end technologies including CSS3, JS, HTML5.
* Experience working collaboratively with UX, product managers and other developers.
* Previous experience creating scalable applications.
* Experience in agile methodology.
* Ability to project manage.
* Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases.
* Disciplined tester.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in leading the development of scalable back-end services.
* Experience in extending and contributing to PHP Content Management Systems such as WordPress or MediaWiki.
* Knowledge of Vagrant, Docker&AWS.
* Experience with elasticsearch/Redis/Memchached.
* Track record of key contributions to innovative and successful products or platforms.
* Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences.
* Telephone call
* Tech Test
* Video Call with Founders