Stint is changing the way we employ. We're creating a world where university students can work anywhere, anytime with anyone. As recent university students, we experienced the desperate need to earn money and the ancient methods which go with it. When Stint has finished, university students will be able to work anywhere, and consumers, high-street businesses and offices will be able to access the world's smartest, flexible workforce.
We began as a team of 2 in June 2018 and in classic start-up fashion, converted an old house into office space. We turned down our graduate jobs, dropped out of university and set out to do something different. 2 years later - we've abandoned the house, recruited a team of 60+, have over 25,000 Students signed up and are working with some of the biggest brands around.
The next 3 years will see us become a household brand name across the UK, step into international markets, build-out a range of different revenue streams. Stint is looking for people that believe in the mission. We're a highly ambitious start-up with an abundance of product-market fit. We have a great time at Stint HQ everyday but to say it is all plane sailing would be a lie. (You learn to live with the chaos).
We want a team that loves what they do, is prepared to grow with the business, takes on new challenges, treats the business like it's their own and always wants to learn. We have a 'no-ego allowed' policy and instead prefer a culture where everyone's voice is heard.
*About the role:*
Technical Leads at Stint are pragmatic visionaries. They understand and embrace the challenge of delivering technical excellence whilst remaining aligned to business needs. Technical Leads have a gift for simplifying complex concepts and systems, and excel in effective communication with both their highly technical and non-technical peers. They work on Stint's hardest problems and remain close to the details, earning the respect needed to be effective technical leaders. Technical Leads are mentors, coaches and architects, and play a key role in the continued development of Stint's engineering capabilities, and the people within our engineering teams.
Stint's growth means every role and function will evolve over time, and this role is no different. Learning and solving new problems through this process is expected, however experience will be key in the following areas:
* Significant commercial experience designing, building and operating data-intensive applications as part of a product engineering team
* Responsibility for the design, deployment and operation of GraphQL services in data-intensive applications, in a Python context
* Comfortable making design choices related to performance vs scalability, and availability vs consistency (and associated patterns)
* Network design choices covering CDNs, load balancing, reverse proxies and DNS
* Database and cache design and implementation covering synchronous and asynchronous writes and schema versioning
* Expert at envisioning, designing and implementing and communicating complex systems to less technically proficient people
* Significant experience in CI/CD and automated tests
* Experience in conceiving, designing and implementing microservices architectures
* The ability to inspire others to follow the technical direction you create
* Comfortable in planning and executing work independently, whilst keeping key stakeholders informed of your plans and progress
* A willingness and aptitude for teaching others
* Comfortable working across engineering teams to ensure solutions are neither poorly thought through, or over-engineered
* The ability to make tough choices to ensure we deploy resources most effectively as we scale
* Work closely with Team Leads (managers) to ensure standards are met and support them where needed
*Tools we use:*
* AWS (EC2, ECS, EKS, RDS, S3, Elasticache, Redshift and more!)
* SonarQube for static analysis and code quality
* Kubernetes, Docker & Terraform
* Python & Django
* React & React Native
* CI/CD tooling such as CircleCI
* Test tooling such as K6, Cypress, Appium and JMeter
* Social, friendly and welcoming team
* Responsibility from the start
* Opportunity to grow with the company
* Share options
* Fast path to promotion and increased responsibility
* The opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
* Phone Screen with Talent Team
* 1st round - Interview with Head of Engineering
* 2nd round - Task Interview with Tech Team
* Final with CTO and Co-Founder
Python, Django, GraphQLPython, Django, GraphQL, CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, PostgreSQL