As the SaaS space expands, there's more potential than ever for growing software companies. Having a great product is only part of the journey. B2B SaaS companies today face endless competition, live or die by customer acquisition costs, have to earn customer loyalty every day, need to operate across borders, and must navigate increasingly complex regulations.
Paddle alleviates this pain with its industrialized Revenue Delivery Platform that makes it easy for SaaS companies to respond faster and more precisely to every growth opportunity across acquisition, renewals and expansion.
Our all-in-one platform is purpose-built for modern SaaS execution and already powers growth for over 2000 software companies, globally. Our Revenue Delivery Platform integrates checkout, payment, and subscription management, making it easy for businesses to activate new business models, enter new markets, turn on new offerings, and renew subscriptions without friction and we handle compliance globally, so our Sellers always operate with full integrity.
*About the role:*
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering Department is split into 3 cross functional Product teams, and an SRE team. Our Product teams are made up of an Engineering Team Lead, a Product Manager, and Frontend and Backend engineers, depending on the demands of the team. Each Product team focuses on a specific domain, currently, these are Checkout, Payments, SaaS and Subscriptions. Our SRE teams job is to enable Product teams to be able to take on Platform and Ops tasks themselves, and our SOC teams job is to ensure our platform is stable.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job. You'll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
*Our tech stack:*
Here's some of the tech we use day to day, with Go and PHP being the main tech. We're not expecting you to have experience in all areas.
* Go for our new services
* PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
* Docker in production and local development
* gRPC for internal services running on AWS Fargate
* AWS lambda for event-based services
* AWS SQS for our asynchronous message queues
* MySQL and DynamoDB for persistent data storage
* Redis for key/value store
* Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
* Develop high traffic APIs used by hundreds of thousands users per month
* Engineer high-performance background workers for consuming queues
* Practise DevOps, you're responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
* Use the latest AWS services available to run your code
* Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
* Mentoring and coaching other engineers
* Play a part in an agile team, either kanban or scrum as needed
* Have a solid development background with either PHP or Go and an interest in learning the other
* Have experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS
* Enjoy collaborating with our technical and non-technical departments
* Proactively find ways to improve the code and team processes
* Have a strong understanding of the development process - from design through to deployment, maintenance, and what that means for day-to-day development
* Take pride in what you build
* Are interested in what new tools and techniques you could introduce to us!
* Flexible working hours / Remote Friendly
* Company options
* Private health insurance
* Unlimited paid holiday
* Mental health coaching sessions
* Remote working stipend
* Learning Budget for Courses and Certifications
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Generous family friendly policies
* Pension employer contribution 3% (Employee 5% or more)
* 1st stage = Talent Team Screen
* 2nd stage = Technical Screen with the team
* 3rd stage = Technical Assessment and a Culture/Values Interview
* For Team Leads - Meet the CTO
Go, PHP, AWS, APIsAPIs, AWS, PHP, Go, AWS Lambda