We're Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We're made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries.
That's right, we're big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that's where you come in.
*About the role:*
Deputised by the Digital Engineering Manager the Lead is responsible for the day to day performance and productivity of those they have been directed to work with. They lead by example at all times and drive quality, whilst ensuring delivery to scope and budget.
* Work across multiple agile teams, advising, mentoring and line managing other Software Engineers in the UK
* Act as an escalation point for Scrum Teams, both in Europe & the UK, unblocking technical or project related issues to maintain project progress.
* Support the Engineering Manager with resourcing and other day to day management duties, deputising for them on occasion
* Maintain high performing teams by driving continuous improvement of engineering and agile practices and standards.
* Be an active member of the Kingfisher wide technical lead team to help define development processes, and code quality standards, also serve as a technical leader within the organisation.
* Promote TDD to design and develop operationally maintainable solutions in accordance with Kingfisher standards
* Estimate size of pieces of development work
* Where required, work as part of Scrum Teams in a highly collaborative manner, delivering business value of a high, maintainable quality
* Develop and maintain tools to support the software development and deployment processes.
* Where necessary, assist with the delivery of business systems into a production environment and provide support for these applications when in production
*Qualifications:*Articulates risks and explores options and solutions for mitigation. Will design, implement and operate controls and management strategies to allow this.
Can articulate and evangelise shortening the systems development life cycle while also delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives.
Maintains the security, confidentiality and integrity of information systems through the compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
Able to apply technical knowledge and experience to create or design workable prototypes, both programs and physical outputs. Understands parameters, restrictions and synergies.
* Competitive Salary Ranges
* Strong Bonus Opportunity
* Private Healthcare
* Excellent Pension Contributions
* 25 days holiday
* Share Options
* Life Assurance
* 20% Discount Card for Kingfisher Group companies
* Travel Allowance
* Screening Call
* Technical Test with Senior Developers + Tech Lead
* Competency interview with Digital Engineering Manager
* Final Chat With Head of Engineering