We began in 2014 by building a free consumer app that puts your ID on your phone. The Yoti app is designed with privacy at its core, giving individuals a safe way to share personal details with businesses and individuals.Today, we have over nine million app downloads around the world. We've expanded our offering to a suite of business solutions that span identity verification, age estimation, e-signing and AI anti-spoofing technologies.
So, whether it's verifying identities, sharing health test results, e-signatures, age verification or credential management - our solutions are secure, privacy-preserving and get the good guys through faster while keeping fraudsters out.This is not a journey we make on our own but with policy advisors, think tanks, researchers, academics, humanitarian bodies, our users and everyday people.
The Yoti app will always be free for individuals. We make money by charging businesses to check the identity details of their customers. Our systems are built in a way that means only the user can access their data, which means we cannot mine or sell user data to third parties.
Read more about us:
* Find out what we're up to in the [Yoti Blog](https://www.yoti.com/blog/)
* See what our employees have to say about us on the [Yoti Glassdoor](https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Yoti-Reviews-E1339394.htm)
* Have a read through [our SDK](https://www.yoti.com/developers/)
* Check out our Github account for [more code info](https://github.com/getyoti)
*About the role:*
We're looking for a talented, dynamic Senior Backend Engineer to join our Core team; working on our Core platform as one of the lead developers to design, build and maintain the server software that powers Yoti.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing crazy-complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded - this is part of the Yoti DNA. We like people who have a positive attitude, transparent and are open and honest about their thoughts. Committed, collaborative and champion all of our principles and what we stand for.
It takes a diverse community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a simpler, more secure way of proving identity. We're an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.
* Developing the server software required to support business needs, from design through to implementation and integration testing.
* Supporting and inspiring other Core developers that are part of the various cross functional teams. Ensuring also that the local development environment, the CI/CD system and all other relevant tools are in the best conditions to support development and the release process.
* Leading the architecture definition in collaboration with Team Leads and VP of Engineering.
* Work closely with the team members and the team leads to ensure that tech development and delivery is implemented to specification and with good quality.
* Great communication and mentoring skills.
* You are able to work with all parts of the business and to work directly with other teams, addressing any challenges and supporting business goals.
* Extensive experience in software architecture.
* Able to quickly pick up and work on new requirements.
* Able to take a project from inception to completion independently.
* Interest in learning more about technology, keeping up to date with new developments and best practices.
* Experience writing network-facing server software in Go.
* Linux knowledge.
* Experience with Docker.
* Familiarity with shell scripting and command line tools.
* Knowledge of modern version control tools (git), and how to use them effectively (proper commit messages, code review).
* Experience in secure software design lifecycle and deep understanding of security and cryptography.
* Private Medical Insurance
* Life Insurance
* 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
* Yoti Life (internal communication platform and access to great discounts and vouchers)
* 5 'Selfie' Days - for your own personal development; volunteering, charity events, etc.
* Learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning, conferences, events, courses )
* Team Events
* Flexible working
* Screening Call
* Technical Test
* VP Interview
GoGo, CI/CD, Linux, Docker, Shell, Git