At TrueLayer, we build intelligent financial infrastructure that puts fintech at people's fingertips.Businesses use our global network, built on open banking and PSD2, to securely access financial data and enable instant payments. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin, Sydney, and Hong Kong, we've [raised $142M](https://truelayer.com/blog/seriesd-fundraise-rewiring-finance)to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in tech, including Revolut, Trading 212, and Zopa.
We are systems builders, design thinkers, product crafters and committed doers. We work in a [collaborative, transparent environment](https://truelayer.com/about) where people can be their true selves, embrace ownership and accountability, and build something that will define an industry.
TrueLayer's Pay By Bank team is building a next-generation payment solution across Europe and the rest of the world, with the goal of providing a better experience than cards. Leveraging a new wave of regulation built on openness and innovation, they build the bank integrations and infrastructure for TrueLayer's Payment APIs. Pay By Bank already has significant traction in the UK, and is currently expanding across Europe, including in Spain and Germany.
Our vision is to create a financial ecosystem that is open to everyone. We've grown from a UK leader in 2020 to a global provider in 2021, operating in 12+ countries. The thing is, we're just getting started...
*About the role:*
As a Backend Engineer, you'll be building the core components which empower all of our bank connectivity. With an ambitious company-wide roadmap, we're looking for talented engineers who see the big picture of where financial technology is headed.
You will gain hands-on experience developing and operating mission-critical, distributed microservices, using best-in-class technologies including C#/.Net Core, Rust and Go for development, Docker containers orchestrated with Kubernetes, AWS cloud infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Prometheus and OpenTelemetry for observability, RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres and more-the best tool for the job wins.
* Help design, build and maintain TrueLayer's API products and associated services, delivering features that impact thousands of users
* Be involved in writing services and tooling for other product engineering teams
* Build new product features, from breaking down requirements, to planning tasks, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly
* Help make our platform globally scalable, reliable and available
* Share knowledge and proactively identify process and tooling improvements, raising the bar for engineering across the organisation
* Contribute to our culture and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it's voluntary. If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of:
* Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform
* Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents
* Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems.
*Experiences & Skills:*
* Experience with C#, especially .NET Core
* Understanding of SOLID and other common design patterns
* Familiarity of API design and experience with at least one web framework
* Understanding of Object-relational mapping technologies
* Appreciation of challenges surrounding microservices architecture
* Familiarity with testing best practices - TDD, Unit Testing and Integration Testing, etc.
* Experience with observability and alerting of mission-critical distributed systems
*Nice to have:*
* A solid grasp of SQL and efficient use of caching
* Understanding of Protocol Buffers, gRPC, and message queue systems
* Experience working on high volume payments products
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
* Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
* Choice of Linux or Mac technology
* A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
* Flexible holiday policy ✈️
* Generous parental leave
* Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
* Private Health Insurance ⚕️
* Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
* Learning & development allowance
*Inclusion & Diversity*
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).
* 30-minute Phone Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
* Take-home task (c 2.5 hours)
* 1-hour video interview with Technical Lead
* 2-hour video final interview.
.NET, C#C#, .NET, Docker, Rust, Go, Kubernetes, AWS, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostgreSQL, TDD, SQL