We're Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We're made up of over 77,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That's right, we're big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We are looking for talented, digitally minded pioneers to come and join our fast-growing team. Here, you'll discover an environment where creators and innovators come together to shape the future of home improvement. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that's where you come in!
*About the role:*
We are looking for Senior Developers who have in-depth knowledge of our organisation which enables you to go beyond building applications that just meet business requirements, but you are operating at a level where you are consistently identifying areas for future work and really are the driving force behind our applications evolving.
You will seek evidence to support your ideas and build cases for everyone to get onboard with, whilst operating with confidence. You will contribute to the common code bases and standards for your team and wider engineering principles, as well as following Object Orientated Design and SOLID principles. Not only do you give to these assets, but you communicate, and lead by example so your peers are adhering to these methods, and we are collectively crafting high-quality code. TDD is at the heart of how you write code, always seeking for automated testing and constantly identifying and creating new automated test cases. Naturally with all software engineering roles there may also be an aspect of out of hours technical support of our production systems.
* Working in a feature team with delivery leads, scrum masters, solution architects, technical leads, software engineers, analysts, and testers in a collaborative environment delivering business value.
* Using TDD to develop scalable and maintainable applications.
* Assisting with the continual deployment of our applications into a production environment and provide support for these applications.
* Through your work you will gain an understanding of our business processes to help ensure that the solutions you deliver meet customer needs.
* You will demonstrate a good understanding of programming through building quality, performant, and secure solutions.
* You will be proactively contributing to bug fixing and maintaining applications, whilst always striving to reduce technical debt in the process.
* You have the ability to interpret our digital strategy and can help us drive us towards our goals when crafting solutions
* You can influence others, both inside and outside of their team.
* You are able to build lasting and collaborative relationships and can build buy in for technical decisions.
* You can make pragmatic decisions, identifies risks, trade-offs and alternative solutions to be considered
* You are able to clearly communicate scope and progress, and share roadblocks being faced currently and anticipating future roadblocks.
* Competitive Salary Ranges
* Strong Bonus Opportunity
* Private Healthcare
* Excellent Pension Contributions
* 25 days holiday
* Share Options
* Life Assurance
* 20% Discount Card for Kingfisher Group companies
* Travel Allowance
* Initial Screening Call with Recruiter
* Technical Test with Senior Developer + Tech Lead
* Competency interview with Digital Engineering Manager
* Final Chat With Head of Engineering