Everyone thinks technology is about design, build, delivery, optimisation, KPIs. But that's not the case. Technology is about change. Not the zeros and ones. But the people, the culture and the impact it has on the world. At Red Badger we believe you cannot build successful technology without simultaneously empowering your people to embrace it. This requires change at every level.
Red Badger was born and developed by Cain, Stu and Dave in 2010. They had a shared ambition to create a business that turned the traditional consulting model on its head: no sales team; no RFP processes, just great people doing great work that focused on quality, value and collaboration.
*About the role:*
As a Tech Lead, you work with one of our amazing delivery leads. Together, you lead your team to deliver high quality software. You love solving complex problems, and customer value is your north star. You are comfortable consulting with technology stakeholders outside of your team. You are a technology polyglot, and an evangelist for agile ways of working.
The best bit about Red Badger is, of course, the team. We've been around for 10+ years now and we are over 100 strong. We are really proud of our people; we support and learn a lot from each other; we work really hard but have fun doing it. We are a diverse group made up of 22 different nationalities, speaking 17 different languages.
Day to day, you will spend roughly half of your time working on code, pairing with engineers on the team, reviewing their code and helping them pick the right design to solve the problem. In the other half, you'll be supporting the other functions (delivery, product) and our clients with decisions impacted by the technical strategy of the project and providing support and line management to engineers on your team.
* React, React Native, Elm, Vue, Angular
* Sass, CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS, PostCSS
* RESTful APIs and GraphQL
* PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
* Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Serverless
* Azure, AWS, GCP
* Designing, running and supporting highly-available and reliable production systems
* Designing monitoring, logging and alerting strategies.
* Annual £2K training budget
* Generous Pension
* Group Life Insurance
* Income Replacement Benefit
* Critical Illness Cover
* Private Medical Insurance
* Your choice of hardware and mobile phone
* Matched (pre-tax) charity GAYE donations
* Open source contribution scheme
* Telephone Interview
* Coding Challenge
* 2x Face to Face Interview (Remote)