YHANGRY is the new alternative for going out with friends. We are an on-demand private chef platform that makes booking a dinner party easy and affordable, from just £100 all in for your group. Although it's a bit cliche - think of the taxi industry before Uber, and how Uber disrupted a high-end service. We are doing the same for private chefs. We plug into third-party logistics in order to make the process more efficient. The result: an affordable luxury service for customers, and better opportunities for chefs.
Founded in 2019, YHANGRY is a fast-growing early-stage startup: we grew our revenues 300%+ in 2020 despite Covid-19. We just raised our seed funding round in record time - less than 4 weeks - from amazing investors ranging from media, hospitality, finance, and tech. And we are now looking to hire a team of world-class players to join us to grow the business. Our HQ is London, UK.
*About the role:*
We are building a two-sided logistics enabled marketplace, and are looking for someone to own and build out our product. This is an ambitious role, and the right person thinks of the product first, but has the ability to execute as a full stack senior engineer. This role combines the ability to figure out what to build, with the skills to properly execute it - essentially being a superhero.
We build our product whilst keeping our customers and chefs at the core. The role includes but isn't limited to:
* Supercharging the social virality experience for our customers both online and offline
* Empowering customer success through platform integrations and solutions
* Building to scale our supply and creating a powerful matching algorithm for the order process
* Creating bridge between the demand and supply side, in order to derive maximum value
* Diving into the world of all things food: groceries, dishes and menus, and integrating the grocery ordering system into our main platform
* Data Visualisation for Business Development purposes
* You have insatiable curiosity to work with our chefs/customer/ops/customer success to understand their pain points and solve problems
* You are curious and passionate, and constantly making judgement calls on the most suitable infrastructure as we scale and grow (setting us up for 10x growth to start)
* You grasp the company vision and are able to set the product/ technical direction while balancing short term needs with long term ambitions
* You can wear a lot of hats at once, and do not shy away from challenging conversations
* You are happy to challenge the status quo in a logical and compelling fashion
* You understand the ability to actively listen and take aboard different viewpoints. No ego.
* You are looking to eventually grow the product/tech team and bring on further talent
* You are excited to be part of the YHANGRY family as one of the first 10 employees
* BONUS: You are excited about consumer marketplaces and ready to make the magic happen
* You are A HUSTLER. You will need to get sh*t done in a major way and bulldoze through walls. You are someone who brings solutions not problems. We are leading the category, and for us to stay there, you will need to be relentless.
* 4+years of work experience building software in a product-driven company
* Comfortable picking technologies and evaluating build or buy
* Willing to jump right in and learn whatever is needed to build a successful product
* Ability to simplify complex problems, and no over-engineering
* Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
* A ninja at prioritizing and figuring out how to create processes that fuel growth
* 24 days holiday (birthday holiday)
* Remote working
* Employee discount
* Friday drinks and monthly socials
* 15 min screening
* 1st interview with founder
* 2nd interview with investor/founder
* Final round interview