Credit Kudos is a fintech challenger credit bureau that uses financial behaviour data to measure creditworthiness. Our machine-learning powered technology transforms the way credit checking and scores work by using Open Banking to generate a more accurate and holistic view of a borrower's creditworthiness. We've raised over £7.5 million from leading institutional investors and power 75+ lenders in the UK and EU to make better, fairer credit decisions.
Our company is growing and we're searching for the next generation of experienced engineers to both help shape and nurture our engineering culture as we grow and deliver high-quality products for the benefit of all those in need of credit.
*About the role:*
You'll be a part of a small team contributing to a big vision, embedded in a product squad you'll be working with your team and product manager to deliver real impact with each sprint. We focus on outcomes not output and you'll have real say in how and what gets built. Although that might sound daunting you'll get a ton of support from your Chapter Lead, Head of Engineering and the rest of your team. We're trying to drive change in the credit industry so there are plenty of challenges to be faced but we face them together.
No-one specialises too much here - we wear many hats week-to-week. We expect engineers to be able to contribute right across our stack focusing on the problems rather than the features. Not only that we don't like to pigeon hole people and we offer lots of room for growth and progression within the department, Senior Software Engineer isn't the ceiling. We're looking for people who want to learn and grow as much as lead and coach; if that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
We work with a host of great technologies. We like to use the right tools for the job and so don't limit ourselves to a particular stack or set of languages. We have a collaborative environment and we'll be looking to you to contribute and help drive the direction. Don't be put off if you've haven't used any of the below, we look for great engineers who can apply themselves.
* Golang and Ruby on Rails for our core applications and APIs
* Python for our data processing + science
* TypeScript with React and Redux for most of our front-end flows
* Brand new Open Banking APIs for collecting financial data
* Postgres for our data storage
* Docker for running everything reliably
* AWS for all our infrastructure (managed as code via Terraform)
While we don't expect senior engineers to hit the ground running we typically expect senior engineers to be able to exhibit the following attributes and to grow into them over time.
* Capable of taking features from concept to production.
* Provide feedback on the work of more junior engineers.
* Ideally worked on a number of codebases and programming languages over the years.
* Looks to understand the wider business context and how their work supports that.
* Treads a balance between pragmatism and design purity.
* Takes initiative to improve the team around them.
* You are excited by the work we're doing and would like to be engaged in meaningful work.
* You are comfortable bottoming out problems in open discussion.
* You are interested in building a data-oriented company.
* You love writing elegant and well-tested software.
* You have experience building distributed systems.
*Nice to be/have:*
* Motivation, enthusiasm and passion for our mission to take on the big credit bureaus
* Expansive thinking, transparency, honesty and a good sense of humour
* Results and efficiency rather than hours in the office
* A Competitive salary with stock options.
* A Workplace pension.
* Flexible working arrangements with 2-3 days in office.
* MacBook Pro and equipment.
* Generous leave, a total of 36 days (inc Bank Holidays)
* A dog-friendly office.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Office space at WeWork with bike shed, barista, fruit, etc.
* 30 minute Screening Call (Google Hangouts)
* 45min / 1 hour CV&Experience Interview (Google Hangout)
* 1 hour Technical Assessment (using CoderPad) (Google Hangout)
* 45min / 1 hour Team Interview w/Product Manager&Lead (Google Hangout)
Go, Python, Ruby on Rails, Typescript, ReactGo, Ruby on Rails, Python, Typescript, React, Redux, Docker, AWS, Terraform, APIs