Third Bridge was founded on the belief that human insights drive intelligent investment decisions. To make the right investment decisions, our clients require access to the most relevant experts and their insights - we enable this through private consultations and exclusive content drawn from expert interviews.
Our clients consist of some of the largest private equity funds, hedge funds, mutual funds and management consulting firms, who are serviced by a team of over 900 employees located across eight global offices. Third Bridge operates in a global, multi-billion-dollar market with double-digit annual growth and has consistently received accolades for Great Places to Work and the top 100 fastest-growing companies.
We have recently merged our separate technology and business intelligence teams to form a Technology & Product (T&P) function, led by our first Chief Information Officer. We have invested heavily in our infrastructure and technology capability, enabling us to deliver innovative solutions and deep insight market intelligence to our clients.
Through harnessing the latest tools and technology, we allow the business to work faster, more intelligently and we are uncovering more and more business opportunities as a result. We are also continuing to build a world-class product team which will help take Third Bridge to the next level, and beyond. We aim to hire talented, creative and versatile people that help us grow and make our products better.
*About the role:*
Senior Engineers are key technical team members, and the role is critical to the successful delivery of technology solutions to support the various Third Bridge customer-facing business units.
Usually under the leadership of Principal Engineers, they will work collaboratively with product owners, business analysts and other team members and will play a key part delivering high-quality technology solutions - built and bought - to support the commercial objectives of those business units. In conjunction with architects and other technical stakeholders, they will contribute to decisions on technology choices at system and component level, and work with their team on the full delivery lifecycle from selection to support. They are happy to work with new technologies, tools and approaches within the team. They have experience in successfully designing, building and operating components of systems or full systems in complex business domains and are by nature problem solvers.
Senior Engineers work within teams to design, develop, test, deploy, document and support solutions - very often taking responsibility for specific technical components or for elements of solution design. As experienced technical problem solvers, they will provide hands-on leadership by example, delivering code, tests, documentation and other artefacts. They will provide day to day support to the more junior engineers that they work with, challenging and guiding their work as necessary, and providing direct leadership when tasked with doing so by Principal Engineers or Heads of Engineering. They should act as a role model for other engineers, in terms of both knowledge and behaviours. They are pragmatic, understand risk and are able to make balanced recommendations and choices.
They will network and encourage networking across the whole of Third Bridge and in the wider technical community. When necessary they will work with trusted third parties to design, build and deliver technical solutions. They communicate effectively, can build relationships well and have a collaborative and empathetic approach to working with more junior engineers.
* Working with product owners, business analysts and others to ensure that business requirements are understood to the level necessary to deliver effective technical solutions
* Working within and sometimes leading a team of engineers in designing, developing and releasing software components and associated artefacts - tests, documentation, run books and so on to agreed timescale and quality standards
* Support team members to ensure that they are able to deliver solutions effectively by providing mentoring to team members as requested and required, both following and advising on best practices, application of standards, appropriate implementation choices, communications and approach/style questions
* Ensuring solutions delivered are complete, consistent, meet all required quality standards, and delivers functional and non-functional outcomes as agreed
* By example, fostering a collaborative environment, and actively encourage the team to work together in an efficient manner, and share lessons learned
* Continually develop your own skills and knowledge, whilst help others to develop theirs
* Demonstrable ability to write code, tests, documentation and other artefacts necessary to deliver solutions to time, quality and budget constraints
* Demonstrate significant experience in technical solution delivery and engineering leadership, ideally in organisations of comparable domain, size and complexity to Third Bridge
* Provide evidence of ability to understand complex business environments and processes and to work effectively with stakeholders to design technical solutions to deliver appropriate outcomes
* Demonstrable ability to work as a part of small and varying teams of individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and levels of experience, providing leadership, mentoring and support for more junior team members as required
* Demonstrable ability to build trust and relationships at appropriate levels within and outside Third Bridge
* Demonstrate evidence of ability to manage multiple workloads, including team management where necessary and working calmly under pressure
* Flexible working
* Private Medical Insurance - up to family cover
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising after 2 years of service
* Free breakfast
* Free yoga - twice weekly
* Weekly drinks gathering and monthly socials
* Cycle to work scheme (showers and bike store in office)
* Free Sanctus sessions (we care about your mental and physical well being)
* Personal annual learning and development budget
* 30 minute screening call with Recruiter
* 1 hour technical interview
* 2 hour final interview