Vonage Engineering Mission* *Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
*About the role:*
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. The RTC team is looking for C developers to work on our RTC products such as [Voice API](https://www.vonage.co.uk/communications-apis/voice/), [Conversation API](https://www.vonage.co.uk/communications-apis/conversation/), [SIP](https://www.vonage.co.uk/communications-apis/sip-trunking/) in order to match the multiple challenges associated with scaling globally a Voice stack. High performance and processing large volumes of events / data in real time are just a few of those challenges.
* Designing and building reliable and clean C code,
* Maintaining the automation and quality of the code,
* Assisting with in-life maintenance, testing, debugging and documentation of deployed services,
* Designing and developing new services as needed
* Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
* We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
* Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
* But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
* We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
* We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
*Experience & Skills:*
* Experience working with real-time projects with proven work experience as a C Developer
* Excellent proficiency in C, with knowledge of other leagues including Python, Go and Node.js being a huge advantage
* Knowledge of debugging tools such as GDB and/or Valgrind, and proficiency in Git
* Experience with streaming
* Experience scaling both within and across data centers
* Analytical approach to performance and a desire to get as low level as it takes to scale efficiently
* Enjoy the challenge of debugging large scale distributed systems
* Any SIP/WebRTC, FreeSWITCH, Janus Gateway and Asterisk experience is a bonus.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* Unlimited paid holidays
* Matched pension
* Life assurance
* Income Protection
* Cycle to work scheme
* Payroll Giving for Charities
* Season Ticket Loan
* Private Medical
* Dental & Eye Cover
* Gym Membership Loan
* Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Career progression
* Flexible working hours
* Industry conferences as a team or individual
* Free snacks and food
* Friday beer o'clock
* Work laptop
* Secure bicycle storage
* Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
* Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)
We're competitive but laid back - and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Folks get together for everything from ping pong (and beer), to Tough Mudder, weekly lunches and team events.
We want you to keep us on our toes. So, at every company meeting we give an award for the most difficult, constructive question.
*We know you have a life. And we know you're a professional. So we make work about results - and not the location you do it in. For us, flexibility is key.
* Call with Talent Acquisition Team
* Remote Technical Test
* Hiring Manager Interview - 1 hour Technical Q&A interview
* Panel Interview - 4 x 1 hour interviews with different members of the engineering team