This role's responsibilities will be to cover administrative tasks primarily collection of due and overdue documents as well as supporting the management of a portfolio of Project Finance Loans
transactions, dealing with waiver requests and variations, the monitoring of risk, application of associated credit grades and various other administrative tasks, such as KYC, documentation and covenant compliance.
The role will involve the review and analysis
of information including, but not limited to, construction, technical and operational reports customer financial statements, project finance financial models, due diligence and administration of the Loans in accordance with the terms of Financial / Legal documentation along with preparation of associated applications.
The role also requires good communication skills
as there will be various interfaces both within the organisation (Credit, Syndications, Operations etc) as well as externally including some client interaction, such as KYC consideration, liaison with advisers (Technical and Legal) as well as with Agency functions in other institutions.
Whilst initially this is primarily an administrative support role, there is a customer facing element
to the role, including gathering information (KYC, DD etc) and attending customer site visits.
Internally, the role would interface with various other departments including origination teams and Credit Department, Operations, Compliance, and more. Responsibilities
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- The role will primarily focus on the collection of due and overdue documents and management work on of 5-10 transactions within the portfolio and provide coverage for colleagues on other deals.
- Prepare credit applications and managing data input for GBR, EIC, PF Grading and other systems, and help to train and supervise more junior staff in that role.
- Liaise with all relevant departments within EMEA required for marketing and execution.
- As appropriate, financial modelling and analysis for projects as part of the credit supervision.
- Understanding the Bank's internal procedures and processes and applying them correctly and in compliance with all rules and regulations
- Working on asset management, and other areas of wider business as requested.
- To carry out portfolio management activities for PFI/PPP Transport projects / Loan assets.
- Start to take on some team training responsibilities and/or contribute to senior management initiatives.
Education & Qualifications: Undergraduate level degree as a minimum and multiple language skills would be viewed favourably.
- Knowledge and experience of project finance theory, practice, risk analysis, credit, execution and documentation (if not for project finance, closely related fields.) This could be via previous work experience in a bank, a placement year in industry, a grad scheme, etc. You must have hands-on skills to exceed theory alone.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong numerical and financial skills essential and financial modelling experience (highly desirable)
- The ability to work on multiple tasks in parallel under pressure and to time constraints with significant changes.
- The ability to work well with colleagues in delivery of primary objectives and performance to KPIs at various levels of seniority across EMEA and other regions