12 Month Fixed Term Contract Opportunity
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. What we're building
We now need a CS Platform Transformation - Migration Lead to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Customer Services (CS) function, so it can stand out for the experience and service we deliver by building on our service reputation, and delivering market-leading service excellence for our customers and advisers. Job summary
What you'll do
- Makes sure works with SP & wider architecture team to input CS requirements into an overarching view from a migration point of view for CL.
- Offer consultancy on the right sequencing, understanding, requirement & selection of technology solutions or drops within SP / CS Platform with the best approach to suit CS goal linking into wider technology landscapes
- Accountable for the design, development and delivery for migration strategy of SP drops, e2e CS platform or technology strategy along with a robust roadmaps for CS in line with Org wide design / goals.
- Makes sure CS is ready to receive technical & Operational changes through successful planning, execution & governance throughout migration from Old Stack to new stack.
1.To understand technology needs and assess and support these needs for CS across SP & wider architecture impacting CS delivery through migration:
- Works with various stakeholders to understand the business's strategy and information technology needs. Proposes solutions to draw up migration strategy in line with CS requirements
2.Defines, reviews and governs SP & CS migration strategy in line with SP
- Reviews the project architectures for SP, delivering within their business area and supports the overall migration from old stack to ne stack at CLUK, recommends the right sequencing .
3.Ensures the effective resolution of all significant technology and design issues through all migration phases of SP & short / mid term for CS
- Remains informed about all significant technical aspects, activities, and associated business and technical impacts of their projects.
4.Leads the definition of stack & data migration Strategies and solutions for CS, To create and implement solutions that meet CS & org wide goals within SP & outside.
- Creates the migration vision that guides the creation of the solution from inception through delivery
- Plans, walks-through, and leads work packages as appropriate to stack migration
5.Ensures solutions meet CS operational requirements and quality standards.
- Works with CS, Business Analysts and other project resources to ensure that physical designs are consistent with logical designs and requirements.
- Considers system usability for both end-users and operators of the system for CS.
- Actively participates in design walkthroughs & shares CS requirements
- Works with test team to ensure that the technology is in line with what was validated by CS & right level of data is captured
6.Provides leadership within the CS function for migration across SP. To ensure the SP technology meet best practices and standards.
- Champions the use of Industry wide processes, best practices and standards.
- Provides support and direction to wider teams from a CS point of view across CL especially Architecture teams & IT teams.
8.Ensures alignment of SP migration technology solutions across Canada Life UK and technology dependencies between projects are understood from a CS point of view. Who you are
- Business & Platform Transformation
- Migration (Financial services)
- Digital Transformation
- Stack Transformation & migration
- Data migration
- Financial Services domain expertise
- CS Architect consultation
- Business Improvements, Design & Implementation - Demonstrable experience of continuous process improvement knowledge and application to an organisation.
- Go to Market Strategy & execution
- Strategic Planning/Decision Making
- Project and Process Management
- Change Management
- Training & Development
- Understands Customer Services environments and what makes them effective (customer and shareholder).
- Proven ability to execute for results.
- Extensive problem resolution skills.
- Communicates effectively at both the detailed and conceptual levels.
- Analytical - proven ability to use, interpret and develop meaningful data on which decisions can be made.
- Strong influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to be flexible and swiftly adapt to changing organisational requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office (including Excel).
- Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical
- Turning business problems into technical design
•Extensive experience in financial services with transformation / platform experience is a must or managed migration programmes within financial services
•Must have delivered migration of stack in the past for Customer Services / Transformation teams What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences