DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We make payments worth over £195bn a year to support some of the most vulnerable people in our society. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives.
We are looking for a talented Test Engineer to help us design and build automated testing solutions as part of the UK government's flagship welfare reform programme.
DWP Digital is our community of digital experts. Our multi-disciplinary teams use fresh ideas and leading edge technologies to create innovative, scalable, user-centric digital solutions.
And while you're building services that really work for over 22 million people, we'll help you build for your future. You'll be eligible for a civil service pension with employer contributions of around 27%, and have lots of opportunities for learning, development and career progression.Delivery. Work. Projects.
We need your skills in test automation to help build and assure applications that are integral to the success of critical projects. You'll join a high-performing team and work on some of the UK's most impactful projects.
You will need a keen eye for detail and a collaborate approach, working as part of a wider development team to deliver consistent results.
Because we're such a big organisation, and because we work to support lots of different people in different ways we can offer real variety and exposure. You'll have chance to solve new problems, work with new stakeholders and test products that will be used by a range of user groups.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- You will be building and delivering comprehensive, robust and reliable automated test frameworks and automation suites to provide full coverage of business requirements.
- You can design, build and maintain an effective test infrastructure.
- You can develop and maintain knowledge of the latest technical test tools and where it would be beneficial to apply them.
- You can undertake reviews of the test suite and update the code base to reflect current best practices and reduce technical debt.
- You are a good communicator with other teams, with the mindset to share technical resources, knowledge and lessons learned.
- You will ensure that usability, accessibility, security, stability and capacity are embedded in the development of citizen services.
- You have experience of working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Team, and understand Agile delivery principles, methodology and tools.
- You can undertake the design, and build the technical setup and working methods for continuous integration, delivery and deployment practices.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester, Blackpool, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield.
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 25 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application.
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days
- Family friendly policies
- Time off volunteering and charitable giving
- Bring your authentic self to work with 'I Can Be Me in DWP'
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Working in an award winning environment and culture
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.