At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a ticketing (fare payments) platform that allows people to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or travel simply by tapping a bank card. We believe a new fare payments system allowing passengers to just tap and ride, without needing to buy a ticket or understand fares, should be available to every passenger and every transit agency around the globe, without prohibitive costs or taking years to deliver, helping people move seamlessly from A to B.
Our Justride platform has been named Ticketing Technology of the Year 2019/2020 and is deployed in over 100 locations around the world, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, Bucharest, Valencia, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney and many more. With an exciting industry-first mobile ticketing SDK, we are partnering with companies like *[Uber](https://www.businessinsider.com/how-uber-masabi-mobile-train-tickets-works-2018-4?r=US&IR=T), [Lyft](https://www.masabi.com/2020/12/02/rtd-lyft-and-masabi-launch-mobile-ticketing-for-transit-customers/), [Transit](https://blog.masabi.com/blog/transit-launches-mobile-ticketing-with-masabi), [Moovit](https://blog.masabi.com/blog/moovit-partners-with-ezfare-and-masabi-to-make-trip-planning-and-paying-easier-and-safer-for-riders-across-ohio-and-kentucky) and many more to enable the purchase of public transport tickets within leading mobility applications. Masabi has offices in London, New York, Denver and Cluj, and investors include Mastercard, Shell and Keolis. Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
*About the role:*
Masabi is looking for a passionate Frontend Developer to join our growing Hub team! The Hub is the Justride platform's back office portal that serves some of the biggest transportation companies in the world. We provide business-critical tools that have a significant impact on daily commuters across five continents. Our day involves analysing and visualising operational data, managing tariffs/fares, customer accounts, monitoring and configuring remote devices, and many more.
The Hub is a multi-tenanted web app serving more than 70 (and counting) transportation agencies and our team's mission is to build resilient, performant, and intuitive user interfaces that are flexible to the different needs of these agencies. We work very closely with other teams in the company in order to find the best way to use their data and APIs to solve complex problems for our customers. We have adopted a design system and internal component library (known as Particle) to make solving these problems faster, easier, and more consistent.
As a Frontend developer you will be working on these core user interfaces as well as the component library that drives them. We use Vue for all new feature development; there are some features still in AngularJS but they get moved over to Vue as we work on them. For data visualisation, we make heavy use of both D3.js and our data team's internal aggregation APIs. Some features you can expect to work on in the near future include data analysis and visualisation tools, travel card ordering and configuration tools, and many more.
* Collaborate with designers and product managers to prototype new features and UI improvements
* Add to and improve shared components within our existing Design System
* Work closely with other teams within Masabi to transform product requirements into APIs and data sources
* Create performant, beautiful and intuitive user-experiences to help our customers ask questions of their data
* Maintain high coding standards through code reviews and unit/integration tests
* Vue, D3.js
* Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Jest
* Git, Webpack
* Optional enrolment into the company pension scheme to which the company will
* contribute 3% and you would contribute 5% of your annual salary.
* Private Healthcare via Axa including pre-existing conditions and mental health.
* Life Insurance.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Travel Season Loan.
* Rental Deposit Loan.
* 22 days holiday p.a. plus 3(4) additional days when the office is closed between
* Xmas and New Year. You can also buy up to 5 extra days of holiday prorated over the
* course of a year.
* £200 per year to spend on your
* Recruiter Call
* Call with Engineering Manager
* Technical Interview
* Cultural Interview