The Quant team is small but highly experienced, sitting on the trading floor. They have individual specialisms, but work very much as a team, helping and critiquing one another.
The role requires a technically strong and disciplined quantitative developer to design and develop trading applications and software components within a rapidly growing company. Whilst experience is valuable, they are looking for someone who is inquisitive, keen to work in a challenging team and enjoys problem solving. There will be significant collaboration with Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, and you will be called upon to deliver functionality in a fast-paced commodity trading environment. The role will be working primarily within their platform, an object-oriented database, with a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++.
- Strong analytical and programming skills in any language (python preferred)
- Numerate degree or equivalent (computer science, engineering, finance mathematics)
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Good problem-solving skills and ease with explaining issues to non-technical colleagues
- Comfortable multi-tasking, and working as part of a team
- Working with users from Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams
- Build applications, reports, feeds etc to meet various business requirements.
In return for your expertise and commitment, they will provide a fast paced, stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. They also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with the opportunity to work for a young and energetic private company.