- Working closely with Quants to implement changes in the existing codebase
- Prototype and explore ideas for new tools and analytics
- Be part of the team responsible for the major build-out of functionality on the new platform, including but not limited to:
- Trade modelling and pricing
- Market data processing
- Risk reporting (EOD and potentially intraday)
- Scenario analytics tools
In general, they are looking for smart, commercial, problem-solving-oriented, "get-things-done" candidates with a proven track record of delivering robust, high performance software and quantitative analyses and with either experience in financial markets or a keen interest to learn about them.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced analytical skills (typically evidenced by a degree in maths, physics, computer science, engineering, etc.).
- A deep passion for technology and software development.
- Excellence in applied programming skills - Python, C, C++ or other major languages.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable, applied expertise in creating and validating pricing and/or risk models for use in a financial services organisation.
- Deep understanding of Fixed Income products and derivatives.
- A broad understanding of model risk, bringing new approaches and processes.