Are one of Europe's most respected alternatives asset managers and this Portfolio Management team is responsible for monitoring credit quality, compliance with loan facility documentation and risk management of transactions from closing through to final maturity. The successful candidate will take responsibility for risk management of a portfolio of loans, monitoring credit issues arising either from operating performance of the underlying loans(s), market risks developing and management performance relative to business plan, financial integrity, governance & asset management.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Data Gathering - New business on-boarding & review, monitoring receipt of borrower reporting on a quarterly basis and using the team's risk management system to assimilate key financial and operating data into the firm's standard format for management reporting purposes.
- Regular interaction with Borrowers ensuring that loan facilities are performing in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement.
- Monitoring delivery of property level business plans against underwritten position.
- Monitoring risk profile of each loan portfolio against Fund level investment restrictions.
- Performing regular analysis of portfolio at loan, property asset and tenant level to identify any potential threats to loan performance.
- Preparing quarterly reports for Asset Management Committee on portfolio risk profile and loan performance with Real Estate market update and context as relevant to the transaction exposure.
- Manage the portfolio risks and reporting - ensure timely collection of interest and any other payments, highlight key concerns and mitigate risk and timely communication of issues arising to the deal team and elevation to Head of Credit Risk is key for effective risk management and early warning.
- Ensure timely receipt of Borrower reporting required per the documentation, investigate, and explain key issues arising. Elevation of omissions, inaccuracies, and potential threats to Head of Credit Risk when they arise.
- Managing borrower consent process including assessment of financial statements of new tenants proposed by Borrowers where material exposure is requested.
- UK Real Estate Finance experience.
- Experience in either/or Real Estate, Banking, Asset Management.
- PE & Asset Managers with €250m + AUM, Tier I Banks and / or Tier I Consulting firms.
- BSc in Sciences, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Business Admin and / or professional qualification such as FRICS, ACIB, ACCA
- Analytical and proactive with risk management
- Strong commercial mind-set with ability to balance Borrowers needs with Investors requirements.
- Knowledge of senior debt, mezzanine debt, preferred equity and capital structures an advantage
- Keeps up to date with real estate markets.