The intern's primary role is to support other analysts and collaborate with other team members to provide quantitative analytical support and written commentaries for CA's retail asset management research and publishing needs. The internship will be centered around gathering data and insights to identify new trends on long-term mutual funds, sub-advisory funds, Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs), UCITS, fund platforms and ESG funds, via desktop research. This position is based in London and reports to the Associate Director of the European Retail & Director of Institutional Research practice. The internship will be for a period of 3 months with the possibility of extending it for additional 3 months, depending on the performance of the intern.Responsibilities and Duties
Who can apply?
- Collect, compile and analysis large amount of qualitative and quantitative datasets via desktop research and working with Morningstar Direct, Broadridge, as well as other third-party databases (e.g. national and international industry associations, data providers and industry trade bodies).
- Assist analysts in the development and analysis of proprietary surveys, interfacing with other analysts to administer surveys and chart results.
- Help develop focused research panels, calling and emailing targeted participants to increase survey participation.
- Support analysts by scheduling research calls and meetings with senior executives and writing detailed notes from the calls.
- Collaborate with other analysts in the asset management practice on monthly and quarterly publications. Duties include data-gathering, analysis, chart creation and assembly, and writing commentary.
The internship is suitable for someone pursuing a master's degree in finance with a keen interest in financial markets and the asset management industry. Successful candidates are analytical and quantitatively-oriented, exhibit strong writing skills, work autonomously, are adaptable and comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously, and seek to build deep asset management industry expertise. They are also hardworking, persistent, and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the financial services industry, and research and analysis.Qualifications:
- Outstanding project and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and to change course quickly as needed.
- Proficient in Excel; able to manipulate and analyze sizeable amounts of data.
- Aptitude for synthesizing research, identifying trends, and providing commentary on relevant industry issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to respond productively to feedback and make ongoing improvements to approach and process.
- Must have a bachelor's degree, preferably in business, finance, or economics
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
37.5 hours per week.Start date: