Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international metal trading company looking add a senior steel trader to their Head Office in the Netherlands. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for trading flat steel products (ingots, slabs, billets, bars, wire rods, HRC, plates, sheets, etc.) across European markets
- Establish and manage a strong client base in domestic and global markets, travelling extensively to maintain/build relationships
- Stay informed about the steel market and monitor price changes, trends etc.
- Liaise with the logistics, operations, research and risk teams to ensure smooth process transactions
- Reports into the Head of Steel Trading
- At least 10 years' experience trading flat steel products
- Strong knowledge of the global steel market
- Good understanding of freight shipping processes, trade finance, logistics, and letters of credit
- Fluency in Dutch or other European languages would be an advantage
- Located in Netherlands or happy to relocate