My client are a market leading US Quant Hedge Fund expanding in London. They deploy systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The focus of their effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fuelled cutting edge infrastructure and trading platform.
They are seeking pragmatic and imaginative thinkers to join their team. Quantitative Research Scientists are involved in the full trading strategy research process:
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing trading strategies, from idea generation and data collection to analysis and model development;
- Applying quantitative techniques and to large, often alternative datasets
- Examine and develop opportunities to pursue previously unexplored research topics.
- A master's or PhD degree in statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, or other technical and quantitative disciplines
- Strong programming skills (C++, Java, C#) & scripting languages
- Experience tackling in-depth research projects.
- Solid analytical and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly.
- Although industry knowledge or experience is preferred, my client will consider exceptional candidates without a background in finance