Field Engineer - Flexible Fixed Term (Contract)
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft's three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we've been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
The Role1 - 2 months Fixed Term contract, potential extention
The ideal candidate will have recent experience in role providing second line technical support on incidents and escalated problems on over 350 client IT networks incorporating Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Cloud and Citrix technologies mainly remotely, and be comfortable with liaising with clients mainly via email and over the phone and happy to attend client site when required.
Reporting to the Team Leader, the key deliverables of our Engineers can be summarised as follows:
- Delivery of high quality remote support on a range of technical incidents and problems
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
- Respond to, handle incidents and escalate problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
- Perform administrative tasks user and server related
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- Help support, train and mentor other team members
- You will have a 'hands on' problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensuring SLA's are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
- Application troubleshooting
Location and Environment
This role will be based onsite at one of our major customers in the Midlands, North West, North East, South East or Wales. This will depend upon where you are based, looking to keep you as local as possible.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver - in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment on many of the following technologies:
o Microsoft Exchange
o Active Directory
o Office 365
o Windows Servers (full range)
o Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
o Local Area Networking
o Symantec Products
o Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
o Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
o Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
Generic essential individual attributes:
- Process-focused, with excellent communication skills
- Excellent technical ability in one or more key virtual team areas
- Very good technical understanding of current leading technologies, suppliers and industry terminology
- Able to prioritize under pressure and work to deadlines
- Excellent Decision making, judgement, planning and organization skills
- Flexible, calm and approachable, 'can do' attitude
- Solid customer relations skills to understand client/client representatives concerns and requirements
- Ability to work well within team, supporting other team members
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's
- 1 - 2 months fixed term contract with potential of extensions
- Salary dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week, (Monday - Friday)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92956552