This role is part of a high profile and rapidly developing function in operations. Man Group has been a front runner in the ESG space and looks to continue to set the pace with regards to responsible investment.Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our research provider
- Oversee consistent and informed proxy voting activities, ensuring timeliness and completeness of the execution of our proxy votes
- On critical holdings, perform an extra level of analysis of the 3rd party research and recommendations to ensure we vote in alignment with our firm's policies
- Respond to Fund Manager's queries on proxy voting
- Maintain and produce accurate voting summaries for various stakeholders
- Identify issuers for targeted engagement in order to meet our ESG / Responsible investment (RI) targets
- Engage with issuers, working with portfolio managers and the RI team to deliver tangible results
External Information Requests
Key Skills & Experience
- Maintain and develop internal documents on governance and engagement processes to be part of an overall stewardship information pack
- Respond to governance and proxy voting related queries in due diligence questionnaires (DDQ) or Requests for Information (RFI)
In addition to Corporate Governance and proxy voting experience either at another financial institution or research provider, you will have:
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
- A degree in a relevant subject (law, finance, economics or business)
- Relevant ICSA Qualifications (Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance), IMC, CFA level 1 or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge of; UK policy environment issues of corporate governance, stewardship and shareholder rights and responsibilities, with evidence of knowledge of wider ESG issues
- Strong IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A motivated self-starter that is organised and proactive
- Strong communication skills
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.