Supplier Manager: up to £40,666 per annum, circa 27% pension contribution from DWP, flexible working hours and work life balance so you can work in a way that works for youDWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. 110,000 colleagues make payments worth £195bn a year, to around 25 million people.
Our experts digital teams in DWP Digital are DWP services by unlocking the potential of leading edge technologies and ways of working. We are focused on building and running innovative digital technology solutions that meet and respond to the changing needs and expectations of millions of people.
We are looking for a Supplier Manager to make sure commercial and contractual activity for our Hybrid Cloud Services programme runs smoothly.
This is an exciting new function for the business. You'll be able to contribute to the building the overarching strategic agenda for HCS, as well as the day-to-day development and implementation of new processes around contracts, governance and suppliers.Delivery. Work. Projects.
You'll have a central role in supporting the commercial lifecycle and supplier relationships on behalf of the very busy Delivery area, Hybrid Cloud Services.
Our team are accountable for sourcing and working with Commercial on procurement and contracting, governance and supplier management activities. We ensure that contracts deliver value for money and comply with both internal governance and legislative requirements.
Key to making this role work is your ability to deliver excellent customer service and manage key relationships with suppliers. You'll also be involved in financial reporting, ensuring that payments are correct.What skills knowledge and experience are we looking for?Experience of Work Programme Management
Experience of Procurement and Governance
- Working with stakeholders to support Business Requirements definition and to define procurement plans.
- Scoping commercial pipeline of Contracts requiring Governance.
- Defining budgets and ensuring budget allocation / forecast is aligned with the required portfolio of work
Experience of Supplier Management/Performance
- Knowledge of procurement route to market.
- Leading business & stakeholder engagement to understand requirements and ensure successful contractual outcomes and value for money agreements
Experience of Financial Management
- Fostering close relationships with Suppliers
- Seeking resolution or resolving conflict with Suppliers
- Manage Contractual agreements
- Monitor Supplier Performance and identifying trends and risks
- Managing budgets; contractual financial spend and identify risks/mitigation, producing reports.
- Detailed knowledge of Tax /IR35.
- Expertise in the extraction and analysis of MI data, collating and disseminating useful insight
In our application process we need you to show us you have what it takes.
For your best chance to land an interview (where you can really show us what you're all about), tailor and structure your application to address the above essential criteria.
Just submitting your CV/employment history won't give us the detail we need to assess your application effectively. Details. Wages. Perks.
Your home location will be in Blackpool. We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
Salary is up to £40,666
. We offer a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth 27%, and a generous leave package starting at 26 days.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs. If you have any questions of you want to discuss the role before you apply get in touch with me
- Flexible working, flexi hours, flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.