This role sits within the Risk & Performance Analysis team within Global Investment Analytics. The core function of this team is to support our Investment Management, Sales and Marketing teams globally with responses to quantitative risk, analytical queries and the provision of performance statistics and attribution analysis on our entire product range. The role is also heavily involved with regulatory risk reporting to the SEC, FCA and other regulators around the world.Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Produce performance metrics for both internal and external distribution
- Assist in the production and checking of bespoke risk templates and client performance
- Calculate exposure and risk metrics to assist in responding to ad-hoc client queries
- Contribute to and produce competitor / peer group analysis and reports
- Involvement in the production and approval of the team's contribution to quarterly regulatory reporting
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
- Good understanding and a clear interest in financial markets
- Maths or Finance related degree with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent
- Relevant Risk & Performance experience/internships at an investment management firm is strongly preferred
- Ability to manage own workload and take responsibility for tasks
- Effective time management is essential in order to manage your allocation of work across the business contents
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- Attention to detail is crucial as you will be responsible for data extraction, manipulation, validation and control
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written English
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.