Real Estate Finance (REF) is a commercial real estate (CRE) lending group within the firm's Securitised Products Groups (SPG), a component of the Investment Bank.
REF's business can be summarised as secured (i.e. mortgage) lending to hold on balance sheet or either a syndication or securitisation exit. We also act in an arranger capacity bringing borrowers and lenders together. Further we act on acquisition or lending against performing, sub-performing and non-performing CRE loans as well as interacting with various areas of the bank to deliver real estate solutions to clients.
We lend against all the main property classes including; office, retail, logistics and multi-family residential as well as operating business where real estate is a key factor. Key Duties
- Screening and researching real estate loan opportunities throughout EMEA to assess viability
- Building and operating financial models for cash flow and returns and sensitivity analysis
- Perform analysis on the real estate markets and comparables, as well as macro and micro trends to help the team form a view on potential opportunities
- Preparation of deal proposals and memorandums for internal committees
- Assist with real estate underwriting of deals
- Flawless data handling
- Very good attention to detail, strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Modelling skills and strong report writing skills preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary due to interaction with other teams and external clients
- Languages: fluent in English; any other European language advantageous (Italian, Spanish, German, French, Dutch preferred)
- Recent graduates who have graduated in the last 12 months