Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Focusing on Software Design, Programming and Unit Testing, designing programmes/ programme modifications from supplied requirements and design specifications
- Using agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered results which follow the agreed implementation level software architectures
- Creating and amending programmes in accordance with the design following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards
- Planning, designing and conducting tests of programs as well as correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product
- Documenting all work in accordance with decided standards and with re-use in mind as well as conducting reviews of supplied specifications with others as necessary
- Building an understanding of software delivery process and of technology developments relevant to own team/ programme
- Building a good understanding of the various stages of software development, enhancements, and support, and acting as a point of reference for technical queries
- Assisting with the implementation of operational objectives for relevant team/ programme
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent overall knowledge of Development and Project Methodologies
- Proven experience with Avaloq and Finance/ Banking would be an asset
- Demonstrable experience with Oracle, PL/SQL. Java, Unix scripting, Kubernete/OpenShift, docker, Apache Kafka
- Excellent command of the English language with good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively
Where will you be working?
- Education to a degree level or an equivalent professional accreditation is desirable
We've been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Tay House nestled in a fantastic central city location, a short walk from both Central and Charing Cross train stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city's main shopping hubs. We're committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.