Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.What you'll be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Developing accurate, timely and robust technical solutions based on business requirements and test specifications and under the guidance of senior developers
- Contributing to providing accurate estimates to develop code that meets acceptance criteria
- Coordinating with off-shore and on-shore developers
- Providing level-3 release support
- Replying promptly to requests from the support team in order to resolve end-user queries and handle technical issues that are out of scope for the support team
- Participating in sprints, deployments into non-production and preparing for and participating in releases
- Developing and utilising Barclays Compliance DevOps tools
- Participating in Agile ceremonies, delivering on goals specified for each sprint
Skills that will help you in the role:
- IT development experience in Designing and Implementing Java based applications
- Working knowledge of Spring framework related technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Where will you be working?
- Knowledge of/ experienced with DevOps tools - Nolio, BitBucket, Jenkins, TeamCity, SonarQube, Nexus
- Global team experience
- Technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to be proactive, a team player and a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
We've been in Scotland for 250 years, and Scotland's significance to Barclays has never been as important as it is today. You can find the Aurora Building in Bothwell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city's main shopping hubs. We're committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing in our people, communities, and facilities - highlighted by our new state-of-the-art campus opening soon in the city centre.