After a period of strong growth following the raise and subsequent deployment of their latest fund, they are now looking to bolster their operations coverage and to that effect are looking to add a Fund Controller to the team.
Reporting into a dynamic CFO, the appointee will be responsible for driving a commercial finance function with remit over fund finance, investor relations, and providing deal support to the investment team. The function is lean and they focus on hiring a limited number of truly impressive people to take on an incredibly broad and naturally commercial remit.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant who is looking for a commercial role to make the first move into Private Equity, providing a great platform in the industry to work toward the CFO point themselves.
An example of the activities of this role include:
- Review and management of the outsourced administrators
- Carried interest waterfall calculations
- Cash flow forecasting
- Assist the investment team through investment closing and financing on new investments
- Deal structuring and due diligence
- Monitoring fund performance and performing valuations
- Supporting in the preparation of quarterly valuations and reviewing reporting packs provided by portfolio companies
- Investor relations and providing support in the preparation of fundraising materials
- Fully qualified ACA with no more than 3 years PQE
- Private Equity or Investment Management audit desirable
- Entrepreneurial mindset with can-do style and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Educated to degree level from a top university
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this role and it will be London office based.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: email@example.com, quoting reference HC51598
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.