If you're looking for a high impact role helping major organisations achieve their goals through transforming Procurement functions to deliver business value, then this is the role for you.
Our Procurement team work with high profile clients across all major industry sectors. Clients turn to us to help them unlock the potential of their procurement function. To transform the way that they engage and innovate. To work side by side with them in applying leading practice and implementing digital procurement solutions. To optimise their sourcing, procurement and commercial capability. We deliver impact and value not only through inspiring organisations with next generation approaches but also helping them to deliver these and achieve the results.
As a Director in our Procurement Consulting team, you will be working with and leading projects with a range of our top practitioners from across our Consulting portfolio offerings.
Deloitte works closely with clients to deliver sustainable business change through creative and value adding work. Our high calibre, enthusiastic team has market leading capabilities in our Procurement Transformation advisory services, with a reputation backed by a long list of client credentials. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We also encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you, with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
You will become a senior team member within our highly skilled Procurement team, working within a wider group of Consulting professionals of different nationalities and disciplines. You will be working with clients at leading international companies across a range of industries to deliver high profile, impactful, interesting and engaging projects. Ideally you will have experience leading and delivering cost out initiatives and/or process & technology transformation projects.
Your work, your choice
- Independently building and sustaining client relationships whilst identifying, leading and supporting potential sales opportunities;
- Leading and oversight of the delivery of multi-work stream procurement transformation programmes, which may include strategic sourcing, commercial strategies & procurement execution, digital procurement, transformation of operating model, cost reduction, integration of third party risk management and legal/contract management services and innovation
- Bringing the expertise necessary to provide leadership and coaching of the team whilst broadening and enhancing our internal capabilities;
- Development of thought leadership, represent procurement transformation expertise at forums and creating external eminence for Deloitte.
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Proactively driving your own development through access to on the job coaching and an array of training options, as well as developing more junior members of your teams through effective and supportive coaching and performance management
- Supporting development of the Deloitte business, brand and reputation
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Regional office or London (with a strong likelihood of national and international travel).
Work pattern: Permanent, full time with the option for agile working opportunities. Your professional experience
Additional desirable experience:
- Consulting or Industry experience in leading the delivery of complex Procurement transformation programmes involving some of: strategic sourcing, digital procurement, procurement transformation, cost reduction, process optimization and operating model implementation, customer journey innovation, sourcing as well as supporting technologies;
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing C-suite interactions;
- Exposure and knowledge of digital procurement technology software such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, Oracle and/or other emerging technologies
- Demonstrable experience in managing procurement, sourcing and third party risk client relationships and identifying, developing and supporting business opportunities
- Understanding of the project sales cycle, including structuring a programme with appropriate resources and cost modelling;
- Experience coaching and developing strong teams and individual members;
- An understanding of risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation;
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference and for building the business and reputation of the practice;
- Prior experience in managing teams, developing a business and growing an account or practice;
- This position is likely to involve travel, including overseas, therefore flexibility with travel is important.
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience and skillset in specific industry but willingness to work across different industries and geographies if required;
- Commercial strategies and supplier negotiation experience;
- Use of data analytics tools to support market insights and supporting and driving sourcing & procurement decisions;
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or similar professional qualification or equivalent.
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
RTWPROG WPFULL SLCONS BAETEC BAALI CFTECH