About The Role
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, it keeps its local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say. Our recent employee survey rated us Number 8 in the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list. We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can be long and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people that make up our workforce.
And of course, we don't pretend that what you do for us is all there is to you. We want you to bring your whole self to work - parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert... whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that's how you are able to be your best.
We are recruiting for a Project Manager with delivery experience across a breadth of technology domains and with a reputation for consistently delivering to target. The role itself will be very demanding, in a fast-paced environment, and highly rewarding.
We're looking for positive, proactive people who really believe in the values of a mutual building society, owned by its members. We want someone who knows they've got something special to contribute and is passionate about being part of what we do.
Project Manager technical role requirements:
• Experience of managing projects with a demonstrable track record of successful delivery.
• Technology delivery experience: Infrastructure, IT Security, Data/Data Platforms or Digital
• Strong leadership skills.
• Working closely with our delivery partners and business stakeholders to define and achieve desired outcomes and benefits for the Society.
• Commercially astute, you will work effectively in partnership with our 3rd party suppliers, ensuring delivery against commitments are achieved whilst working collaboratively.
• Appropriate governance and risk management through application of project management standards, applying your knowledge and experience to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues where appropriate.
• Excellent programme planning and organising skills.
• Pro-actively monitoring progress against plan and controlling project costs against budget.
• Outstanding communication skills at all levels, with the ability to convey complex ideas simply in various formats, suitable to different audiences.
• Confident to challenge the status quo to find a better way of getting things done whilst influencing others to follow as well as exhibiting a growth mindset.
• Prince 2, APM, MSP or similar qualification including Waterfall / Agile methodologies.
• Financial Services or any other regulated environment background (ideally).
About The Company