- Jun 04, 2021
Experienced public interest litigator with a background in contentious regulatory law and advising on policy matters sought for an independent UK Regulator to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team Summary of the role
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, alongside forensic accountants, lawyers, and legal assistants on enforcement policy issues concerning complex investigations. The role will also involve collaboration and engagement with colleagues in many divisions. The role will include:
- Leading work streams which develop and implement Enforcement Policy.
- Providing high quality advice and analysis on legal and policy aspects of cases and of Enforcement Division work in general.
- Leading on maintenance and development of the division's know-how resources
- Advising and collaborating with colleagues on identifying and addressing enforcement policy and legal issues arising from proposed legislative change.
- Working with lawyers and policy advisers from Government Departments, agencies, and professional bodies on enforcement legal and policy matters.
- Drafting legal and policy advice papers for senior management or for presentation to other Government Departments or agencies; and
- Instructing specialist counsel when seeking advice on enforcement legal and policy issues of high complexity or risk.
The role is based in the Central London Office with virtual working from home during periods of restricted access to the office. Candidate qualifications
The successful candidate will have 6+ years PQE experience and will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
Rewards and benefits
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong intellect and good judgement
- Significant expertise in public and regulatory law and complex contentious proceedings
- Proactive and effective project management skills
- Determination and self-motivation to pursue matters and make fair and robust legal decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for conducting important regulatory work in the public interest
- A good team player ethic
- Experience of change management and the ability to adapt in the face of a changing regulatory and procedural landscape
- Competitive remuneration package (with generous benefits)
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%
- Cycle to work scheme
- Strong work/life balance ethos
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
If you think you may be the right fit for this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch as soon as possible and/or to send your CV to Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.