Financial & Capital Markets, Director About Us
Businesses, organizations and individuals have come together to tackle the issue of climate change - a fundamental problem affecting every person on the planet, regardless of where they live or what they do.
Only IHS Markit unites comprehensive data, expertise and digital tools to help customers make informed decisions about climate change in a meaningful, measurable way. Our purpose is bringing clarity to clients' positions in a net zero economy and carving a path to a better world through transparent information.
The bedrock of our expertise is an ecosystem of data-driven ESG and climate-focused products and services - spanning analytics, models, benchmark indices, research and consulting. Our holistic approach spans and connects key industries - energy, financial services, transportation, natural resources, regulatory and more.
The Climate & Sustainability sales team is responsible for developing and supporting commercial relationships with clients in a variety of industries - including the Financial & Capital Markets sector. Your Role
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Climate & Sustainability sales organization. Reporting into the head of Financial & Capital Markets team, you will develop and close new business opportunities with institutional investors and investment banks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prospect for potential new clients
- Develop and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities
- Meet or exceed new business sales targets
- Provide support to existing client relationships
- Become familiar with IHS Markit's Climate & Sustainability product portfolio
- Utilize SalesForce to track all client interactions
You are a salesperson and you enjoy making an impact toward developing and closing new business opportunities.
Key qualifications and skills we look for include:
- Previous sales experience, including carrying a quota and successfully developing new business pipelines
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry
- Fluency in verbal and written English; knowledge of other foreign languages is a plus
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral; public speaking experience is a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry; familiarity with the energy, chemical and/or natural resources industries is a plus
- Proficiency with SalesForce is preferred; experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone/email presence; must be able to deal with others in a pleasant manner and work under varying degrees of pressure and time constraints
- Great listening skills and responsiveness
- Personal initiative and ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently while still interacting within an integrated team structure
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.