- Jun 04, 2021
Contentious regulatory lawyer (6+ PQE) sought for an Independent UK Regulator to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team Summary of the role
The successful candidate will take autonomous responsibility for certain cases and working as part of a team and taking responsibility for discrete areas on the largest, most complex matters. The role includes:
- Leading case teams comprising forensic accountants, more junior lawyers, and legal assistants.
- Providing high quality advice and analysis on legal and policy aspects of cases and of Enforcement Division work in general.
- Planning case strategy and project managing and driving investigations forward.
- Collating, analysing, and preparing evidence.
- Instructing, and working closely with counsel, independent experts, and external solicitors.
- Leading preparation for Tribunal hearings.
- Overseeing case expenditure and taking responsibility for case budgets.
Rewards and benefits
- 6+ years PQE
- Significant experience of contentious regulatory law
- Excellent legal and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong intellect and good judgement
- Pro-active and effective case and trial management skills
- Determination and self-motivation to pursue matters and make fair and robust legal decisions
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm for conducting important regulatory work in the public interest
- A good team player ethic
- Competitive remuneration package (with generous benefits)
- 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- Generous employer pension contribution of 10%.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Strong work/life balance ethos
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
If you think you may be the right fit for this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch as soon as possible and/or to send your CV to Pippa Campbell (Legal Recruitment Consultant) at Morgan McKinley to discuss further.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.