Facebook is actively seeking software engineers to help build and scale our rapidly evolving network infrastructure. We are looking for software engineers with a passion for networking and aptitude for building scalable distributed systems. As a member of this small and growing team, you will be in charge of designing and implementing how we build, model, analyze and monitor Facebook's current and next generation networks. In addition to software development, your duties may involve evaluating third party and open source software, interacting with various other Engineering teams and working with network hardware vendors. There is a wide range of areas to work on, spanning next-gen datacenter networking architecture (e.g., OpenFlow or similar technologies for software defined networking), software systems to configure, monitor, analyze, model, and manage our datacenter, backbone, and content delivery networks. This is a full-time position.
Software Engineer, Networks Responsibilities
- Develop software to scale the Facebook production network
- Work with networking devices and protocols
- Integrate with other systems, evaluate third party solutions
- Collaborate with Network Engineering team to automate various processes, build software infrastructure for network monitoring and analysis, aid in capacity planning and architecture change analysis.
- Web traffic experience related to data centres and websites
- Experience with design and implementation of network management systems
- Experience in C / C++ or Python
- Experience in Systems programming, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SPDY, DNS, and load balancers
- Knowledgeable with MySQL databases
- Understanding of the Linux operating system
- Ability to debug issues within custom code
- High aptitude and technology-agnostic approach to engineering.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent industry experience)
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and an understanding of network routing protocols