Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Lead Compliance Counsel. This position will play a key role in advising on Facebook's compliance with legal and regulatory requirements focused on anti-corruption and FCPA compliance, and in leading and supporting broader compliance initiatives. This full-time position will be located in London, England. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Facebook welcomes applications from the widest range of individuals eligible to apply and particularly encourages applications from those who would increase the diversity of the company.
Lead Compliance Counsel Responsibilities
- Provide legal and strategic advice to internal clients on compliance with global anti-corruption laws, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and U.K. Bribery Act, as well as on compliance with other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams across the company to assess and mitigate anti-corruption and other compliance risks related to business initiatives and transactions.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of policies, processes, and controls intended to prevent corruption and fraud, and in the remediation of issues identified in audits and investigations
- Manage, conduct, and/or advise on anti-corruption risk assessments, audits, and third-party oversight
- Develop and provide training and communications to employees and third parties
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives
- Review, develop, and advise on anti-corruption compliance provisions in contracts
- Qualified to practice law in at least one EU jurisdiction
- 5+ years of legal experience, including extensive experience conducting corporate investigations or working on compliance-related matters, including matters relating to the U.K. Bribery Act and/or the U.S. FCPA, either in government, in-house, or at a global law firm
- Experience working with diverse cross-functional teams
- Experience working in-house or advising clients at telecommunications, internet, and/or other industries engaged in large scale infrastructure projects
- Experience with anti-corruption compliance-related matters, for example conducting anti-corruption due diligence in connection with corporate transactions, managing and advising on anti-corruption risk assessments, and supporting anti-corruption control design and testing
- Experience drafting and negotiating compliance contract provisions
- Familiarity with other compliance risk areas (e.g., sanctions, export controls, political activities)