The Portal SW TPM team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Portal seeks a Technical Program Manager, Application Software. In this role, you will be responsible for driving large projects end-to-end. The right candidate will possess a strong technical program management background and will have demonstrated experience leading complex software development efforts. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to manage projects, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Technical Program Manager Responsibilities
- Program manage Portal software team's efforts to develop application software for Portal products.
- Build, coordinate, and maintain schedules, and track execution at task level across cross-functional teams, manage shared resources, and ensure timely delivery.
- Capture and keep detailed and well-organized records of cross-functional communication, meetings, problems and risks.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with team leaders to maintain full visibility of the project schedule and potential roadblocks.
- Work with teams to alleviate project bottlenecks and escalate the need to resolve issues when executive support is required.
- Build and manage relationships with hardware, software and algorithm vendors and other external partners, including creating statements of work.
- Drive deliverables from external partners and ensure that they have the information and resources needed to succeed.
- 8+ years of experience in technical program management.
- Experience in relationship building and collaboration within cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience understanding product requirements and translating needs into plans.
- Experience working on consumer electronics products.
- Experience managing Android app development projects with cloud/backed infrastructure.
- Experience working with a cross-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and UX Researchers.