Are you passionate about helping those around you be more effective? Do you think about technology and data as a way to increase efficiency and change how a business operates? We are looking for candidates that share our passion for tackling complexity head-on, to help build platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude. As a Product Technical Program Manager, you will work with teams of talented engineers, product managers, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to build easy-to-use and effective advertising, commerce, and consumer experiences for Instagram. We are looking for experienced technical leaders who can support complex multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale, while maintaining clarity of product vision and organisational awareness. Creators are at the heart of Instagram; 40% of total Instagram impressions are from creator content. The mission of the Instagram Creator Monetization team is to help creators turn their passion into a living. We believe that monetization can be a key differentiator for Instagram in an increasingly competitive market for creators. Instagram is launching an affiliate program for creators enabling them to generate revenue when followers purchase products mentioned or shared via their creative content. The TPM for this role will help lead the launch of this program, and future iterations ensuring its long-term success. This team will also focus on helping aspiring creators to get their first branded content deals
Technical Program Manager, Affiliate Responsibilities
- Lead initiatives and work closely with diverse teams across the organization and around the world
- Manage cross-functional software engineering programs in a matrix organisation covering a range of areas
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces that can be shipped iteratively
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery
- Balance the business needs with technical constraints by building deep subject matter expertise for your area
- Proactively identify inefficiencies that are holding the team back, and drive better, more efficient workflows
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for defining requirements and scope
- Help drive product decisions to align with company-level initiatives
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Hands on experience in software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management.
- Demonstrated experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrated critical thinking, and thought leadership.
- Communication experience representing work to senior leadership and framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organisational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time