A market-leading and high growth software technology, data analytics & technical services business seek an LPC
(Legal Practice Course) qualified
, early career professional (c.1-3 years exp.) to join their in-house legal & commercial contracts management division as Commercial & Legal Contracts Analyst
Salary - c.£24000 - £30000
(DOE) + benefits & defined career progression opportunity
Location - Remote home working + Crawley / Gatwick office-based mix
(rail station within short walking distance & parking available)
*28/5/21 update - open to new candidate applications
This Commercial & Legal Contracts Analyst
role represents a fantastic opportunity for an early-career legal professional with LPC qualification who has demonstrable interest to develop a more commercial 'business-orientated' in-house legal career path focused on B2B legal contracts review, analysis, drafting, negotiation and wider commercial activity.
Joining an innovative and hugely successful technology business within which the Commercial & Legal team sit at the heart of the organisation, the Commercial & Legal Contracts Analyst will be offered extensive training and career path development opportunity
to work in close support and advisory position to directors, senior management and sales departments leading all contractual matters covering:
- New business / B2B customer sales - NDA's, contractual T&C's review, negotiation, drafting and amendment at tender/proposal, execution and renewal stages
- Strategic supplier (procurement) - contractual review, negotiation, drafting and through life SLA management
- Wider business commercial administration, project work, defining and implementing commercial process, governance, regulatory policy ++
Key qualification & experience required for Commercial & Legal Contracts Analyst
- LPC (Legal Practice Course) + LLB (or other) degree qualified
- c.1-3 years professional experience (general corporate/commercial admin or commercial paralegal - additional in-house/B2B contracts related experience a benefit)
- Understanding of contract T&C's review/drafting from a B2B commercial perspective
- Analytical and inquisitive in approach.
- A demonstrable & genuine interest in a commercial 'business-orientated', in-house legal career as opposed to a traditional legal practice or qualifying route... This role will become a specialist in all matters related to commercial & legal contracts and SME (subject matter expert) to internal stakeholder groups in a commercial business setting.
- Able to demonstrate wider 'commercial business' awareness and the basic application of contract law, drafting and negotiation within.
- Excellent attention to detail with an interest to apply legal expertise to commercial B2B contractual T&C's review & negotiation to ensure contracts and wider legal doc's (such as NDA's, MOU's, licencing agreements etc) are risk mitigated, commercially advantageous and mutually agreeable.
- First-class written and verbal communication skills able to (with training and support) directly converse and advise on contractual issues at senior levels.
· This is an in-house 'commercial' legal contracts career opportunity, it does not
offer a path to TC for solicitor qualification.
· We are not
seeking candidates who are looking to gain experience prior to pursuing a qualifying TC route but those with a demonstrable desire to apply legal expertise in a much broader commercial business career path.
· Please ensure the above is stated/demonstrated in your CV application.
Please click 'APPLY' to register interest and consideration for further details and discussion. All registrations of interest and discussions are held in the strictest confidence.
- The recruitment process will be conducted remotely during the COVID-19 precautions.
- Assessment and interviews with be conducted online and via tel/video call technology
- A successful applicant will initially be on-boarded to work remotely from home with the expectation/flexibility to work in a split remote home working and in-office once restrictions are lifted.AG-Search
is a recruitment & talent search consultancy
dedicated to providing industry leading knowledge and search delivery for Commercial & Legal Contracts
skill set professionals across all levels ( Commercial Officer / Contracts Officer / Paralegal - Contracts Manager / Commercial Manager - Commercial Director ) into the Engineering, IT & Technology sectors.