[Ticket Tailor](https://www.tickettailor.com/) is a leading ticketing platform that offers event organisers a simple, helpful and great value way to manage event registration. Our mission is to be the world's best-loved ticketing platform - five million tickets are currently sold through our service every year and we have a world-class NPS score. We are ranked the #1 easiest to use ticketing platform in the world (G2Crowd), #1 event registration platform in the world (GetApp) and one of the top UK companies to watch for 2021 (Capterra).
We're fully independent meaning we don't have to answer to anyone except ourselves and our customers, allowing us to scale the company sustainably and with soul. We're proud to be in the process of becoming B Corp certified.
The Ticket Tailor working culture is centred on growing better, not just bigger. We're a small but stellar team that value simplicity, transparency and collaboration. We love to work with inclusive and supportive people who share our belief that a happy workplace = happy customers.
*About the role:*
As Tech Lead you'll help manage the technical direction of the team and platform. You'll be a positive influence to other members of your team and improve our processes. You'll take ownership of delivering features, assessing the product and technical implications of your changes, and focus on delighting our users over perfect code. You'll also manage developers on the team and help build a strong culture.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
* Plan, build and deliver features and platform improvements
* Work with our product manager to scope new features
* Identify and put in place improvements to our processes
* Ensure work from the team is of high standard, secure, and well tested
* Manage other developers on the team, helping them with their personal and professional development, listening, and celebrating their successes.
* Help bring in other high performing developers
Helpful Skills & Experience:*
* Strong understanding of web applications
* Strong knowledge of security and data protection
* Improving developer processes and releases
* Managed and mentored developers
* An enthusiasm for helping others excel
* Excellent communication skills and able to thrive in a collaborative environment
Bonus points: *
* The demands of e-commerce platforms
* Competitive salary based on experience
* Annual bonus based on company growth
* Generous budget to set up your working environment
* Opportunity to work in a small business and get involved in more than just tech
* Equal and fair parental leave policy for all new parents
Our working values are centred around trust, flexibility and collaboration, some of the things we think are important include:
* Relaxed working atmosphere - being stressed doesn't make you more productive
* Flexible working policy - work should fit around life as much as possible, we allow 2-3 working days from home a week and operate a core working hours policy, so you can come in a bit later or leave earlier depending on your needs
* Rest - a rested team is a successful team - we respect our evenings / weekends and we offer 25 days holiday, not including public holidays, encouraging everyone to use their full allowance
* Trust - micro-management is not our style, we encourage self-led working and celebrate autonomous thinking
* Learning- no one is a self-made expert, we invest in our team with an annual learning budget of £500 and love to share what we're learning in our weekly team highlights meeting
* Short phone call
* 1st stage interview
* 2nd state interview