We are passionate about mobile advertising technology, quality creative and polite ad placement, as we know it impacts brands, publishers and end users. After going from 0 to $8.5m revenue in only 3 years, we were acquired by the world's first brandtech group - You & Mr Jones.
We are now building out a new end-to-end adserving platform, offering the opportunity for new joiners to effectively work for a 'start-up' within a larger company. We value direct relationships with media brands who share our vision and commitment to excellence - like Facebook, Microsoft and Activision. We bring the world's most premium mobile ad placements to our clients. We have mastered the art of polite mobile advertising. Our formats are custom, full screen and loaded under publisher's content. Always user initiated for a seamless and immersive brand experience.
*About the role:*
The Platform Team are responsible for the design, development and running of the various components and services that comprise the Maximus platform, which is a critical toolset used by internal operational teams to manage all global campaigns. This is a bespoke programmatic advertising platform, primarily built using Node, React, GraphQL, various AWS services and has API integrations with some external 3rd party services.
As a part of this team, you will share the autonomy to design and build as you see fit, introduce and learn new technologies, and have an active voice that drives how we do things. This isn't just about bashing out code, it's about us collectively aspiring to be better at our craft by learning and trying things out together.
* Be an active participant in design and implementation discussions, both with your team and our customers so that what we build is fit for purpose
* Leverage your skills and experience to implement robust, clean, well-tested solutions whilst taking into account factors such as scalability, performance, running costs and delivery timelines
* Inspire your team to learn and grow, as they will inspire you
* Help other teams with professionalism, care and tact
Skills & Competencies:*
* Minimum 3 years commercial Node.js experience with RESTful / GraphQL APIs
* Solid experience with a major component-based UI framework to build complex interfaces, ideally React / Styled Components
* Experience using testing frameworks, eg. Cypress, Jest
* Some experience deploying services on AWS, GCP or Azure (we build and manage our own services)
*Nice to have:*
* AdTech industry experience, especially programmatic (RTB)
* GraphQL, Mongo / DocumentDB
* Proactive, don't leave it for someone else or wait to be asked
* Willing to ask questions when you don't know or understand something, and willing to help others when they ask
* Good written and spoken English
* Great location in Old Street, good transport and amenities (bars, restaurants)
* 25 working days' holiday (in addition to bank holidays) and a day off on your birthday.
* Subsidised gym membership.
* Private medical insurance.
* First, 30 minute intro call where we talk about you, the role and answer any questions
* Second, we give you a short programming task (1-2 hours) which you do and submit in your own time
* Third, 90 minute call where we review your solution, talk about your approach, and dig into things like scalability, performance, architecture etc.
Node.js, React, REST, GraphQL, Unit TestingNode.js, GraphQL, AWS, React