Are you a driven, ambitious individual with a strong background in public relations who's looking to further build their career at an exciting, fast-growing fintech company? Are you a great storyteller and creative thinker who is always full of ideas? If you are, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a dynamic Public Relations Lead
to help us take our media relations in EMEA to the next level. The role will ensure our key messages are communicated to the press in line with our strategic PR goals, values and business priorities. As a critical part of the Growth and Marketing function, you will play an important part in the next phase of the company's growth. The ideal candidate should come from a strong PR background, in-house or with an agency, with proven results building press relations across top-tier financial and tech media in the EMEA region. Key target markets for this role include the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The role requires a proactive approach to building and maintaining strong relationships with media while working closely with the senior leadership, marketing and product teams. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate a keen understanding of what drives the news and the ability to use newsjacking, thought leadership as well as research and data to generate positive earned media coverage.
- Build media relationships in the financial/personal finance/tech space across EMEA, ensuring they understand what makes us different and competitive
- Develop and execute effective PR plans in line with our product roadmap, strategic goals and wider business objectives
- Research and secure proactive and reactive press coverage opportunities for the company
- Lead the PR campaign for the launch of new products and services, ensuring all coverage is consistent and on-message
- Help build an effective media response team to deal with ongoing media requests as well as manage any issues in a timely fashion
- Monitor, report and maintain media coverage results
- Oversee the development of relevant press assets including releases, briefing documents, boilerplates, media packs etc
- Work closely with social media, branding and SEO teams to ensure optimised communication flow, both internally and externally.
28 days holiday plus bank holidays, 8% pension contribution.Additional Information
We have an office in Victoria, London. We also have offices in Australia, US, Gibraltar, Belarus and Cyprus. There are plenty of home-based and flexible working options. We are hiring for this vacancy in London or Europe and applicants must be based in either the UK or Europe.Essential Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a previous media relations role, in-house or agency, working in fintech, financial /investment management or personal finance PR.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality coverage.
- Strong book of contacts in top tier European financial/ retail investment / fintech media.
- Familiarity with media databases and PR tools such as Signal AI, Cision, etc.
- A second or third European language would be an asset, preferably in German or French.
- Ability to build good relationships with key media outlets and journalists.
- Strong time management skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload as required.
- Strong understanding of financial markets, especially investing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex topics in a simple and engaging way.
- Agile and able to work to tight deadlines.
Keywords: PR, public relations, Australia, US, America, Europe, media, journalists, fintech, trading, in-house, agency, media relations, external communications, financial services, investments, cryptocurrencies, remote.